The Open Banking teams is responsible for onboarding and managing API integrations for and with third parties/Fintechs that provide alternate banking experiences to our customers. The team is responsible for building an industry standard based API solution based on SAMA OB API standard and framework to facilitate customer requests to interact with data. Ensuring operational stability and scalability are critical factors in all aspects of work.
The position as an Open Banking Technology Lead is responsible for leading the development team to deliver both UI and API-based services components. OB provides the ability to interact with third party products and services to both provide and consume user-consented data sharing. Focus will be on delivering net new services and platforms to enhance both online and mobile experiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent working experience.
- 5 -7+ years of software development and software engineering experience.
- 2 years experience in Open Banking
- Strong strategic thinker and the proven ability to execute.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Facilitate Scrum routines i.e. Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Demos/Reviews, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Collaborates with Product owner and development team member’s to prioritize and define stories using JIRA.
- Coordinates the work between onshore based in Saudi Arabia and offshore team
- Integrate with project, technology and business partners to manage the projects and be proactive in gathering status updates from partners, while minimizing impact.
- Able to influence and negotiate both vertically and horizontally to obtain agreement between partners.
- Ensures the team has a healthy Product and Sprint backlog (in collaboration with the Product Owner).
- Provides visibility into the Agile team’s delivery plans and progress against plan to stakeholders.
- Measures team delivery, maturity, and performance and reviews the metrics with the team to identify improvement opportunities.
- Understanding of Open Financial Exchange (OFX), Durable Data API (DDA) and/or Financial Data Exchange (FDX) standards, and FIONS
- Knowledge and good understanding of SAMA cybersecurity framework and NCA requirements.
- Previous banking experience – familiar with Enterprise Change Management processes.
- Previous experience as hands-on developer and/or operational support.